Today, the consumer rules all. As the digital age has progressed, the marketing landscape has changed along with it. Some companies are adapting, but others are remaining stuck in the past, and missing out on business opportunities because of it.
The internet has made information more readily available, and consumers now make purchases in a process that occurs over time through self-guided research. Marketing must account for these buying habits. If you’re still relying on cold-calling and billboards, you’re letting potential customers slip away.
Inbound marketing, is an approach to marketing that flies in the face of traditional, old school methods. According to the numbers, it’s much more effective at improving the bottom line.
These inbound marketing stats reveal just how effective this approach is:
The Cold, Hard Facts
While some companies are wasting their time cold calling, sending expensive direct mail, and utilizing dated outbound marketing channels such as television ads or billboards, the customer has already begun their journey toward a purchase on their own.
The average customer progresses 60% of the way through the purchase decision-making process before engaging a sales associate.
That’s good enough reason to start marketing toward the customer in the earlier stages of that purchasing process. Here is more evidence that inbound marketing is the much more advantageous way of doing things over traditional methods:
Your Money Will Go Further
- Inbound tactics such as content marketing produce 3 times more leads per dollar than traditional methods
- Inbound marketing-dominated organizations experience a cost per lead 61% lower than traditional marketing-dominated organizations
- The average cost per lead generated with outbound is $373. The average cost per lead with inbound is $143.
More Leads And Conversions
- Online conversion rates are nearly 6 times higher for inbound marketing adopters compared to those using traditional approaches
- Year over year growth in unique site traffic is, on average, 8 times higher with inbound than with outbound methods.
Blogging Will Deliver Results
- 43% of marketers report that they have generated customers from their blog
- 82% of marketers who blog daily report positive ROI.
You Will Maximize Return On Your Investment
- 93% of companies that use inbound marketing increase ROI
- Inbound marketing strategies lead to almost a 200% increase in ROI.
Adding everything up: inbound is usually significantly cheaper, and these statistics show it to be more effective than the old ways. It’s simple math: if you’re using an agency to assist with your marketing efforts, with inbound marketing you’re paying less and getting more out of each dollar spent. What more reasons do you need?
The numbers don’t lie when it comes to marketing. If you listen to nothing else, listen to the data.
The evidence provided in these inbound marketing stats shows that regardless of what product or service you sell, you stand a better chance at reaching the potential customers by using inbound marketing tactics.
If you want to increase conversions and leads, grow site traffic, educate your potential customers until they become buyers, achieve positive ROI and do it all at much less cost to you, it’s time to hop on the bandwagon. Enlist the help of inbound marketing tactics and your business will soar.
Don’t know where to get started? RUNNER offers a variety of leading services in inbound marketing. Get on track with a free consultation or marketing assessment and watch us work our magic!
CONTACT US today to find a solution that’s right for you.